Iowa Labor Market Career Information
Making Informed Choices...
Iowa's Hot Jobs 2006-16
- Region 1 - Allamakee, Chickasaw, Clayton, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Howard, Winneshiek
- Region 2 - Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Mitchell, Winnebago, Worth
- Region 3-4 - Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Kossuth, Lyon, O'Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Sioux Palo Alto
- Region 5 - Buena Vista, Calhoun, Hamilton, Humboldt, Pocahontas, Webster, Wright
- Region 6 - Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek, Tama
- Region 7 - Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Grundy
- Region 8 - Audubon, Carroll, Crawford, Greene, Guthrie, Sac
- Region 9 - Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine, Scott
- Region 10 - Benton, Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Washington
- Region 11 - Boone, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Polk, Story, Warren
- Region 12 - Cherokee, Ida, Monona, Plymouth, Woodbury
- Region 13 - Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Page, Pottawattamie, Shelby
- Region 14 - Adair, Adams, Clarke, Decatur, Montgomery, Ringgold, Taylor, Union
- Region 15 - Appanoose, Davis, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lucas, Mahaska, Monroe, Van Buren, Wapello, Wayne
Region 16 - Des Moines, Henry, Lee, Louisa
- State of Iowa
Iowa Workforce Information Network (IWIN)
Iowa Workforce Information Network Careers lists relevant Iowa Labor Market Information for careers.
Iowa Career Resource Guide
The Iowa Career Resource Guide is the result of a collaborative partnership between Iowa Workforce Development and the Iowa Department of Education. The purpose of the guide is to provide information to assist individuals with career planning and aid them in making informed career choices
Iowa's STEM Occupations
Iowa's 2006-2016 STEM Occupations provides a listing of fast growing occupational groups requiring significant education and training in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These highly sought occupations can be downloaded and printed on legal-sized (8.5" x 14") paper.
Iowa Wage Survey
The Iowa Wage Survey although somewhat dated, provides a glimpse of wages paid for occupations in Iowa.
Occupational Projections 2006-2016
Occupational Projections listed by major occupational groups with wages and top skills.
Industry Projections 2006-20016
Industry Projections for Iowa employment by industry.
Ready for College and Ready for Work: Same or Different?
Results of an ACT study provide evidence that, whether planning to enter college or workforce training programs, high school students need to be educated to a comparable level of readiness in reading and mathematics. Graduates need this level of readiness if they are to succeed in college-level courses without remediation and to enter workforce training programs ready to learn job-specific skills.
America's Career InfoNet
America's Career InfoNet is careeronestop's pathway to career success.
Colleges and Universities In Iowa
A listing of Iowa Colleges and Universities.
Iowa's New Energy
At a time when the Midwest continues to experience job losses and a challenging economic outlook, new energy industries in the Midwest are emerging as focal points for job creation.
Iowa Registered Apprenticeship Site
The 21st century economy demands a workforce with postsecondary education credentials and the adaptability to respond immediately to changing economic and business needs. Registered Apprenticeship is a critical postsecondary education, training and employment option available in every state in the country. An Integration Program To Educate, Promote, Train, Target and Partner.
Career Videos Online
School To Career Videos
The Iowa Public Television (IPTV) School to Careers worksite offers information on over 140 occupations and more than 220 careers - all available in Iowa. Besides information on careers you can e-mail questions to the workers featured for each occupation and, for some of the occupations, you can watch a short video describing the work that is being done. Try out an occupation and see what you think! (Requires RealPlayer)
Portable Document Files (PDF) Require The
Download the Adobe Acrobat Reader Free
Information from the Iowa Workforce Information Network Career
Visit http://iwin.iowaworkforce.org to gain the latest data and trends pertaining to the economy and workforce.